Forms and Permits

Sellers Permit or Use Tax Certificate/Business Tax Registration

Instructions (PDF)

Application Form (PDF)

Business Marks/Name

Instructions (PDF)

Assign or Transfer Your Marks/Business Name (PDF)

Register Your Marks/Business Name (PDF)

Federal Employer Identification Number


Application Form (PDF)


Each village and township (except La Follette) has zoning regulations. Before opening your business, check that your location will be in the appropriate zoning district. Burnett County does provide conditional uses for home based businesses. Contact the County Zoning Department for application and fee information.

Registering Your Business

Unlike other counties or states, Burnett County does not require or provide the option for entrepeneurs to register their business.

Village Business Licenses/Permits