Misspelled Names

If There is an Error on Your Passport

Misspelled names and wrong dates or places of birth can occur due to the large volume of passports that are processed. If this occurs and you do not have urgent travel plans you can simply mail the passport back to the following address:

New Orleans Passport Agency
Attn: Rewrite
One Canal Place
365 Canal Street, Suite 1300
New Orleans, LA 70130-6508

Please include a note explaining the error and the Passport Agency will re-issue the passport at no charge to you. If you have imminent travel planned, please return to the acceptance agency and advise them to call the Passport Agency to discuss options that will best meet your needs.