- County Clerk
- Application Checklist
You Must Bring the Following When Applying
- Passport application (unsigned)
- One passport photo (this can be obtained from any photo studio or from the County Clerk's Office)
- A certified copy of your birth certificate which has been registered with the State in which you were born (This needs to be submitted with the application and it will be returned with your passport). Neither hospital copies nor a previous passport in lieu of a birth certificate can be accepted. When a previous passport is submitted with a child's application, a certified copy of their birth certificate must also accompany the application. This is to establish a clear relationship to the parent. Naturalized U.S. citizens must submit the original signed naturalization certificate in lieu of a birth certificate. This will be returned with the passport.)
- Your drivers license or State ID with a photo for identification - All applicants, even children under the age of 16 must now appear in person to apply. We will use the parent's driver's license for identification of anyone 17 years of age or younger. Both parents or legal guardian(s) must be present when applying for a passport for a child under the age of 16. If one parent / guardian appears you must also submit one of the following:
- Second parent's / guardian's notarized, written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply
- A written statement, form DS-3053 (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability
- If your current name as shown on your drivers license is different from that on your birth certificate, documents showing how your current name came to be (i.e., marriage certificates, divorce decrees or court orders) must be submitted with your application. These will be returned to you.
- Passport application fees are paid to the U.S. Department of State and must be paid with a check or money order. Application processing fees and the cost of passport photos are paid to the Burnett County Clerk may be paid by check, credit card (extra fee will be assessed) or cash.
If you have all the necessary information and your application is completed correctly, the time necessary for us to process your passport should be 15 minutes or less.