- Things To Do
- Outdoor Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
Scenic cross-country skiing at its finest can be found in all areas of the county. No matter what your skill-level is, you can find the kind of skiing experience you are looking for at one of seven trails. Seventy-five kilometers of trails are available and can be skied in either classical or skating techniques.
Cross-Country Ski Trails Overview
Trail Maps and Info
- Brandt Pines (PDF) Located west of Grantsburg. Contact the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) for trail conditions. Phone: 715-463-2898.
- Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park The Forts are located just 3 miles west of State Highway 35 between Danbury and Webster. For trail conditions visit their website or call 715-866-8890. Email Forts Folle Avoine.
- Grantsburg Nordic Trail (PDF). Located in the village near Memory Lake. New trails have been developed in 2014. The trail system has been redesigned with 4 miles of groomed trails. The goal is to have 11 to 12 km of trails.
- Hay Creek at Crex Meadows (PDF) is 1.5 miles long. Contact the Crex Education Center for trail conditions. Phone: 715-463-CREX.
- Upper Phantom Lake trails at Crex Meadows (PDF) is 3.7 miles long and is located north of County Road D on East Refuge Road. Contact Crex Meadows Education Center for trail conditions. Phone: 715-463-CREX.
- Grettum Flowage (PDF) at Fish Lake Wildlife Area. This trail is 4.5 miles south of Grantsburg on Highway 48/87.
- Sand Rock Cliff (PDF) For Trail conditions contact the Wisconsin DNR at: 715-463-2898.
- Timberland Hills Located 23 miles south of A & H and 25 miles southeast of Siren. Timberland Hills is located in the Burnett County Forest on County Road H. Timberland Hills Trail Conditions Map of their trails (JPG) Check out their Facebook page
- Voyager Village (JPG) Trail conditions Located on Kilkare Road Between County Road A (North Sand Lake) and Webb Lake.
- Webb Lake Ski Trail (PDF) is located 13 miles east of Danbury. Located on North Bear Lake Road, you can access it off of County Highway H between Webb Lake and Highway 77. Trails maintained by Webb Lake Men's Club.
Lodging and Restaurants
Finish off a day of cross-country skiing with a stop at an area coffee shop or restaurant. Check out our Lodging and Dining, Food, and Beverage directory for a destination near your trail.